Note: This policy is subject to change at any time. Please check all AmeriStudent Policies on a regular basis for updates.
AmeriStudent offers Guests the option to have their belongings stored at the host family home. This means a Guest may keep their packed belongings at the host family home stored in an agreed upon location at the host family home and pay $50 per week.The Host must agree to accept the storage fee rates while the Guest is away.
The following rules apply to the Storage Policy:
1. The Guest must be away for a minimum of 45 consecutive days.
2. The Guest must notify AmeriStudent and their Host of their departure plans at least two weeks prior to departure. Storage fees will not be offered after the date of departure if notice has not been given.
3. The Guest must pay any applicable Storage Fees plus two weeks of normal weekly Homestay Fees before the date of departure.
4. The Guest must pack up all belongings in boxes or suitcases.Items should not be left unboxed.All boxes and suitcases must be stored in a location agreed upon with the host such as a closet, garage, or corner of a designated room.
5. The storage fee is not a Room Holding fee.The storage fee does not guarantee the room will be held for the Guest’s return or that the room will not be utilized by the host for other guests or purposes.
6. The Guest must notify AmeriStudent and the Host if there are any changes to their scheduled return date. AmeriStudent requires seven days’ notice of such changes and any additional fees will be charged to the Guest accordingly.
7. As per the AmeriStudent Refund Policy, the Guest must provide AmeriStudent and their Host with a minimum of two weeks’ written notice if they intend to move belongings out of the homestay.
8. If the Guest has not arrived back at the homestay to receive their belongings or to restart their homestay placement by the scheduled return date and no contact has been made with the Host or AmeriStudent, AmeriStudent will attempt to contact the Guest using the contact details listed on their Profile. If AmeriStudent is unable to reach the Guest and their payment has lapsed (i.e. they have no paid nights left for their homestay placement), AmeriStudent reserves the right to arrange for the Host to remove them from the home.
9. If the Guest does not pay the Storage Fee, all belongings must be removed from the Host’s home.
10. AmeriStudent and the host family are not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen property.