All AmeriStudent, LLC (“AmeriStudent, LLC”) employees, contractors, volunteers, family members or host family members must respect the rights and inherent dignity of every person and will be held accountable for their behavior. In order to maintain the highest level of accountability, there must be a clear and unambiguous blueprint of appropriate and inappropriate behavior for those who are involved with students. The intent of the Standards of Guest Care is to provide a set of normative standards of conduct for all persons associated with AmeriStudent, LLC, including members of the host family that are of 18 years or older and reside within the home, hereinafter referred to individually as (“AmeriStudent, LLC community members,”) regarding contact with guests.
While the Standards of Guest Care is not exhaustive in the variety of situations specifically mentioned, all AmeriStudent, LLC community members must comply with the following obligations:
● When in the same room, alone with a guest, the door must be left open;
● Appropriate verbal praise and positive reinforcement;
● Sharing sleeping quarters with guests, unless while traveling accommodations are barracks-style with multiple adults and multiple guests in the same room, each individual having a separate bed,
● Accompanying a minor guest into restrooms without another adult present unless circumstances make it absolutely unavoidable,
● Using physical force or blocking the guest physically,
● Sexually provocative or degrading comments or jokes,
● Intimate, unwanted romantic or sexual contact,
● Threatening or yelling,
● Abusive statements such as those referencing race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, gender, age, sex, or sexual orientation,
● Showing pornography to guests or involving guests in pornographic or sexual activities.